The application deadline for 2017 Summer Programs for Diversity has passed. The 2018 Summer Programs for Diversity application will go live in the fall of 2017.
- The 2017 Summer Programs for Diversity application is only available online.
- High School Transcript - Please send your most recent official high school transcript, and any official grade reports not reflected in the transcript.
- Standardized Test Scores - Submit your most recent PSAT, SAT, PLAN or ACT standardized test results.
- Letters of Recommendation - We require recommendations from your guidance counselor or two teachers who are familiar with your work habits, as well as your academic and artistic progress and promise or your response to teaching/directing and spirit of cooperation in group situations (Summer Academy for Math & Science teacher letters must be written by STEM teachers).
- Activities Resume - Provide a detailed description of your extracurricular activities and/or work experience, or your experiences as they relate to your program of interest.
- Essays- If applying to the SAMS program, please select any two of the three essay topics below. If applying to any other Diversity program, please use the third essay option below. Each essay should be under 400 words in length:
- What are your career goals and how might the Summer Academy for Math & Science help you achieve those goals?
- Please describe in detail some special interest, experience or achievement that you are most proud of and relates to your commitment to STEM.
- How has your racial/ethnic identity and/or socioeconomic background impacted or influenced your aspirations?
Age Requirement: Students must be in high school, have completed their junior year and be 16 to 18 years old (born between August 11, 1998 and July 1, 2001).
Commuter Policy: To be an eligible commuter student, you must have a permanent residence within approximately 30 miles of campus or within Allegheny County.