The Carnegie Mellon Admission Council (CMAC)
The Carnegie Mellon Admission Council (CMAC) is an organization of nearly 1,000 Carnegie Mellon alumni who volunteer to assist the Office of Admission. Currently, CMAC's members include alumni from the U.S., and several foreign countries.
The mission of CMAC is to:
- Work within the scope of the mission of the Office of Admission and the university
- Participate in and coordinate activities for prospective students who are interested in Carnegie Mellon
- Act as a liaison between prospective students and the university
- Help prospective students understand the nature of Carnegie Mellon and whether the university is a good match for their interests and academic abilities
- Interviewing prospective students and applicants
- Representing Carnegie Mellon at college fairs
- Attending information sessions to welcome families and answer questions
- Visiting secondary schools through the Adopt-a-High School Program
There are many ways in which CMAC members assist the Office of Admission. The primary activities include:
CMAC’s involved at every stage of the college search and application process. As a member, you can get involved with one or all of the activities listed above.
Read more about events that members of CMAC can be involved in.