We welcome applications from students who have been schooled at home or online. Please reference our Undergraduate Admission Requirements page and then note the following as well.
Home-schooled applicants should submit the Common Application, an academic portfolio/transcript consistent with state guidelines and a list of all textbooks used for your coursework. You must also provide proof that you’ll have met, by the end of May of the year of graduation, all requirements for an official high school diploma and submit an official final transcript, a GED or a certificate of completion from your local school district or state board of education by the end of July of the year of matriculation.
To be considered for admission to Carnegie Mellon, you must:
• Submit a completed Common Application.
• Submit a syllabus/course descriptions of the work you’ve completed prior to applying.
• Submit a transcript of grades and/or evaluation of your work.
• Submit a recommendation from a counselor, representative of the State Board of Education, your home school association or other person of authority.
• Schedule an admission interview by November 1 (strongly recommended).
• Follow instructions for required standardized testing for the college/program(s) you’re applying to.