To be considered for admission to Carnegie Mellon, you must submit the following required items:
- Common Application
- $75 application fee*
- Official high school transcript**
- All required standardized testing official score reports, which includes SAT Subject Tests for most majors and the TOEFL or IELTS if English is not your native language
- Secondary School Counselor Evaluation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Common Application essay and personal statement
- All Fine Art applicants to the Schools of Architecture, Art, Design, Drama and Music are required to arrange an audition or portfolio review.
- Home schooled applicants should submit an academic portfolio/transcript consistent with their state guidelines and a list of all textbooks used.
- Applicants must provide proof of meeting all requirements for an official high school diploma, by the end of May of the year of graduation, and submit an official final transcript, GED or certificate of completion from your local school district or state board of education by the end of July of the year of matriculation.
Undergraduate applicants can download the 2015 Carnegie Mellon Application Instructions Booklet here.
Transfer applicants should review the transfer student admission instructions for specific requirements regarding transfer admission.
Once you submit your application, you can track the progress of your application and financial aid materials and notifications by visiting Where Am I in the Process.
*Carnegie Mellon accepts College Board or NACAC fee waivers
**Transcript/graduation requirements: A high school diploma or equivalent is required for admission to Carnegie Mellon (for applicants who are 17 and over). Applicants should submit official transcripts from all secondary schools attended and enrolling students are required to submit an official final transcript as well. Applicants who have received a high school equivalency diploma are required to have official High School Equivalency Examination (GED) scores sent to the Office of Admission in addition to official transcripts from all high schools attended.