Join us for our Celebration of Diversity Series! This program is designed for all Fall 2021 applicants to engage with our community and attend sessions focused on issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.
By attending this online series, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Attend community-led, identity-based sessions discussing the resources available to and experiences of students who identify as Black or African American, Latinx or Hispanic, part of the LGBTQ+ community and first generation.
- Invite family members to take part in a session hosted by our Center for Student Diversity & Inclusion
Celebration of Diversity Series is occuring alongside our online open house, Turn Tartan Experience, and we encourage you to register for sessions from both events! Turn Tartan Experience offerings include; academic sessions, virtual tours, student panels, financial aid overviews and more. Check out our calendar to see our full list of offerings. You can sign up for Turn Tartan Experience and Celebration of Diversity Series sessions using the same link above. Learn more about the Turn Tartan Experience!
Please note that our Celebration of Diversity Series and Turn Tartan Experience are for Fall 2021 applicants only.
Our Celebration of Diversity Series will run January 25 - 28, 2021. Register now!
Most sessions will take place between 3:00 - 8:00 p.m. ET.
During our Celebration of Diversity of Series, you'll be able to choose the events that interest you. You can view our overview of events to get the full scoop. Sessions include:
- First Generation: Hear from the FIRST Together @CMU, a program focused on enhancing the overall success of first-generation college students on our campus by offering opportunities to support academic, professional and campus engagement experiences.
- LGBTQ+: Engage with students, faculty and staff during an informal discussion about our campus community led by the Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion.
- Black/Latinx Student Leaders Session: Attend a current student panel to hear about the experiences of our Black, African American, Latinx and Hispanic students on campus.
- Parent Session: Invite your parents, guardians and family members to join this session hosted by our Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion and Student Academic Support Center.
Looking for more? You can check out session recordings from our October Turn Tartan Experience to learn more about our academic colleges and departments, resources on-campus, financial aid and more.