Pittsburgh is a leading city from all things food to tech and a proud partner with Carnegie Mellon.
Pittsburgh is an internationally recognized city, known for its research and industry, world-class medical facilities, corporate headquarters, cultural community and professional sports teams. Keep reading to find why so many students love Pittsburgh and choose to remain after graduation.
- Pittsburgh was even named as one of seven U.S. cities on Travel + Leisure’s international survey of the best places to visit in 2016!
- Pittsburgh celebrated its bicentennial in 2016, given 200 years as a city!
- Still think Pittsburgh is an old steel town? Check out all the “Pittsburgh Firsts” to see what else began in the City of Champions…besides the cable suspension bridge (1846) and emoticon (1982).
Sports and Fitness
- This year, WalletHub ranked Pittsburgh as the 5th best city for an active lifestyle.
- Up for a little baseball? Our very own PNC Park was named as the Best Ballpark in America by Ballpark Digest magazine.
- Is it because we put french fries on top of everything? Catching critics by surprise, Pittsburgh was ranked as the best food city in 2015 by Zagat.
- Setting a new standard for budding entrepreneurs, Pittsburgh is home to a new, compelling model for boosting startup cultures in the United States. Take that, Silicon Valley!
- Of course we’re a top city for techies! Pittsburgh is ranked 8th as a top city techies should consider moving to in 2016. Go figure—Pittsburgh also stands as the birthplace of the field of cybersecurity!
- Amidst widespread revitalization and development, Downtown Pittsburgh had grown to be one of the hottest real estate markets on the east coast. The Atlantic even labeled us as 1 of 3 cities where millennials can live affordably AND get ahead!
- So you’re sold on the city itself—what about going to school in Pittsburgh? We’re ranked 6th as one of the best college cities in America.
- Racking up the rankings, Pittsburgh was also named 9th on Forbes’ list of the top 15 most livable cities in the country!
Clearly there’s only one solution—come visit Pittsburgh and see what everyone’s talking about! If you’re interested in learning more about why we’re so passionate about our city and our city’s culture, you can find more national rankings here.