Pittsburgh is a leading city from all things food to tech and a proud partner with Carnegie Mellon.
Pittsburgh is an internationally recognized city, known for its research and industry, world-class medical facilities, corporate headquarters, cultural community and professional sports teams. Keep reading to find out why so many students love Pittsburgh and choose to stay after graduation.
- Pittsburgh was named one of seven U.S. cities on Travel + Leisure’s international survey of the best places to visit in 2016!
- Pittsburgh celebrated its bicentennial in 2016, given 200 years as a city!
- Still think Pittsburgh is an old steel town? Check out all the “Pittsburgh Firsts” to see what else began in the City of Champions…besides the cable suspension bridge (1846) and emoticon (1982).
Sports and Fitness
- This year, WalletHub ranked Pittsburgh as the 25th best city for an active lifestyle.
- Up for a little baseball? Our very own PNC Park was named as the Best Ballpark in America by Ballpark Digest magazine.
- Is it because we put french fries on top of everything? Catching critics by surprise, Pittsburgh was ranked as the best food city in 2015 by Zagat.
- Setting a new standard for budding entrepreneurs, Pittsburgh is home to the new future of tech and startup cultures in the United States. Take that, Silicon Valley!
- Of course we’re a top city for techies! Pittsburgh is ranked 8th as a top city techies should consider moving to in 2016. Go figure—Our very own Carnegie Mellon is given recognition to many of Pittsburgh's technology successes.
- Amidst widespread revitalization and development, Downtown Pittsburgh has grown to be one of the hottest real estate markets on the east coast. The Atlantic even labeled us as 1 of 3 cities where millennials can live affordably AND get ahead!
- Racking up the rankings, Pittsburgh was also named 9th on Forbes’ list of the top 15 most livable cities in the country!
- The local neighborhoods of East Liberty & Lawrenceville were listed as the #1 coolest Neighborhoods in America by Times Travel.
Clearly there’s only one solution—come visit Pittsburgh and see what everyone’s talking about! If you’re interested in learning more about why we’re so passionate about our city and our city’s culture, you can find more national rankings here.