Are you ready to turn Tartan? Here's what you need to know.
Before you apply:
- Carnegie Mellon uses the Common Application exclusively.
- All applications must be submitted online. The Common Application is available online after August 15.
- Please review our plans and deadlines as well as our admission requirements.
- All applicants to the Schools of Architecture, Art, Design, Drama and Music should also review our College of Fine Arts admission procedures website.
- The Schools of Drama and Music have an earlier application deadline of December 1.
- You must be at least 13 years old when you submit your application.
After you've applied:
- Within 1-5 business days of submitting your Common Application, the Office of Admission will send you an application receipt email notifying you that we've received your application.
- You can then visit your Where Am I in the Process? portal to track admission and financial aid documents that we’ve received and mailed to you.
If you have questions regarding applying to Carnegie Mellon, please contact us.