We’ll be back in January with more Turn Tartan Experience events for 2021 applicants. Check back in December for more information and registration!
By attending Turn Tartan Experience, you’ll have the opportunity to see what it's like to be a Carnegie Mellon student. Pick and choose what sessions you'd like to attend, with offerings including college & department information sessions, virtual campus & residence hall tours, student panels, mock classes and more! You can view our September and October calendars to plan out your personal schedule.
All events are accessible by Zoom or phone, and you're welcome to invite family or friends to attend with you. If you're not able to attend a session live, many of the sessions will be recorded and posted below.
If you're planning to attend, tag us on Instagram with #TurnTartan!
Our Turn Tartan Experience series will run from September 20 through October 29. Most sessions will be offered weeknights between 4:00 and 8:00 p.m. ET, although we'll also have some weekend offerings.
Additionally, most sessions will be offered live, but many will be recorded and posted online to view at your convenience. Check out the Recordings section below!
You'll get to pick and choose which sessions to attend. After you register initially, you can add or remove programs to your personal Turn Tartan Experience schedule using the link in your confirmation email.
- College Information Sessions: Hear from faculty about our six academic colleges.
- Academic Department Information Sessions: Learn about our specific academic departments and programs directly from faculty.
- Tours: Experience our campus and residence halls virtually!
- Tartan Talk Student Panels: Hear from our Tartan Ambassadors as they answer questions about the CMU experience.
- Admission Counseling Sessions: Meet one-on-one with an admission counselor to ask any questions you have about the admission process. These sessions are non-evaluative.
- Additional Offerings: Learn more about a variety of campus resources.
Many of our Turn Tartan Experience sessions will be recorded, so you're able to view them when it's most convenient for your schedule. Check back for frequently for updates, as we'll be adding recordings during the entire series.
Mark your calendars! Our online Celebration of Diversity Series will be held October 12-29, 2020.
This series will feature sessions focused specifically on diversity, equity and inclusion. Session topics will include:
- Resources for students who are Black or African American, Latinx or Hispanic, part of the LGBTQ+ community, and first-generation
- Discussions about social justice and equity in higher education
- Conversations with faculty & alumni
If you want to learn more about these topics, we encourage you to attend. Check back soon for more information and registration!