Join us for Turn Tartan Experience, Carnegie Mellon University's online open house series! This program kicks off Sunday, September 20, with programming throughout the following weeks.
By attending Turn Tartan Experience, you’ll have the opportunity to see what it's like to be a Carnegie Mellon student. Pick and choose what sessions you'd like to attend, with offerings including college & department information sessions, virtual campus & residence hall tours, student panels, mock classes and more!
All events are accessible by Zoom or phone, and you're welcome to invite family or friends to attend with you. If you're not able to attend a session live, many of the sessions will be recorded and posted below.
If you're planning to attend, tag us on Instagram with #TurnTartan!
Our Turn Tartan Experience series will run from September 20 through October 29. Most sessions will be offered weeknights between 4:00 and 8:00 p.m. ET, although we'll also have some weekend offerings.
Additionally, most sessions will be offered live, but many will be recorded and posted online to view at your convenience. Check out the Recordings section below!
You get to pick and choose which sessions to attend. After you register initially, you can add or remove programs to your personal Turn Tartan Experience schedule using the link in your confirmation email.
So what's offered during the Turn Tartan Experience series? Sessions include:
- College Information Sessions: Hear from faculty about our six academic colleges.
- Academic Department Information Sessions: Learn about our specific academic departments and programs directly from faculty.
- Tours: Experience our campus and residence halls virtually!
- Tartan Talk Student Panels: Hear from our Tartan Ambassadors as they answer questions about the CMU experience.
- Admission Counseling Sessions: Meet one-on-one with an admission counselor to ask any questions you have about the admission process. These sessions are non-evaluative.
- Additional Offerings: Learn more about a variety of campus resources.
You can see more of our Turn Tartan Experience offerings here!
Check back soon for session recordings!
Mark your calendars! Our online Celebration of Diversity Series will be held October 12-29, 2020.
This series will feature sessions focused specifically on diversity, equity and inclusion. Session topics will include:
- Resources for students who are Black & African American, Latinx & Hispanic, part of the LGBTQ+ community, and first-generation
- Discussions about social justice and equity in higher education
- Conversations with faculty & alumni
If you want to learn more about these topics, we encourage you to attend. Check back soon for more information and registration!