Mathematical Sciences Programs that Explore and Define
When it comes to our Mathematical Science Department, Carnegie Mellon has a critical mass of people dedicated to exploring and defining mathematics.
Our mathematical sciences programs provide the sort of individual attention larger institutions can’t offer. The faculty (about 40 full-time) and students (about 50 primary math graduates each year) pursuing mathematics at Carnegie Mellon are outstanding. This individual attention mixed with hard work and an innovative undergraduate program pays off.
Our faculty are also advancing the leading edge of science, conducting research in a diverse range of fields.
Undergraduate Degrees in Mathematical Sciences
- BS in Mathematical Sciences
- BS in Computational Finance
- BS in Mathematical Sciences and Economics
We also offer concentrations within the B.S in mathematical science, like:
- Operations Research and Statistics
- Discrete Mathematics and Logic
- Computational and Applied Mathematics